Founded in 1996, SAFE Boats International (SAFE) designs and builds highly reliable and extremely durable vessels that help keep military, law enforcement and fire professionals safe as they carry out their duties, protect citizens and work to save lives.
Headquartered just outside Seattle, Washington in the city of Bremerton, SAFE Boats is 100 percent American owned and operated. The company was named for its pioneering wrap-around collar design: Secure Around Flotation Equipped.
A dedicated team of designers, engineers, project managers, builders, craftsmen and trainers work as an integrated team to build every SAFE vessel. Many of these professionals have extensive field experience. In addition to delivering high-performing and durable vessels, SAFE also provides customers with outstanding warranty, service and parts support, as well as direct access to a comprehensive in-house support network of trainers, technicians and logisticians.
Who we serve
- Military: U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps. and U.S. Air Force
- Federal agencies: U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, National Park Service, NOAA, and more.
- State and local law enforcement: Los Angeles Port Police, New York Police Department (NYPD), Florida Fish & Wildlife, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Chicago Police Department, and more.
- Fire and rescue: Fire Department of New York (FDNY), San Francisco Fire Department, Mackinac Island Fire Department, St. Louis Fire Department, Broward County Sheriff, and more.
- International: Chilean Navy, Mexican Navy, Nigerian Navy, Pakistan Navy, Tunisian Coast Guard, Bangladesh Navy, Colombian Navy, Colombian Coast Guard, and more.
By the numbers
- Used by organizations in over 50 countries around the world, with expansion into new regions every year
- Over 2500 boats delivered to customers worldwide
- Cumulative 5+ million operating hours without a hull failure
- Over 270 employees
- 200,000+ square feet of production space across three facilities